Submitted by a Bake A Batch for Wings of Providence baker who wishes to remain anonymous. Thanks for being part!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup butter
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2-1/4 cups white, all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt (optional)
270 gr bag of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. (If using non-stick pans, reduce heat to 350 degrees)
- Cream butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the creamed butter mixture and combine well, beating until light and fluffy.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Slowly incorporate flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips and combine.
- Use two teaspoons (the kind for coffee, not the measuring spoons) to scoop and drop mounds the size of a large marble about 2 inches part on the baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or longer for crisper cookies.
- Remove from oven, let cool a couple of minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.