Submitted by an anonymous baker. Thanks for being part of Bake A Batch for Wings of Providence!
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies with Bittersweet Chocolate
1 cup unsalted butter, softened (about 225 gr)
2/3 cup raw peanut butter
1 cup agave nectar or honey
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
100 g bittersweet chocolate (at least 65% cut into small chunks – about ¼”)
100 g pecans toasted and chopped
9 tbs protein powder, pumpkin or rice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat together butter, peanut butter and agave with an electric mixer at high speed until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until just blended.
- Add the baking soda and salt and beat to combine well.
- Add flour and mix at low speed until just blended.
- Add the oats, coconut, chocolate, and nuts and mix at low speed until just blended.
- Line a pan with parchment paper. Scoop the dough into 1 tbsp or 2tbsp balls and place on sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge at least 3 or 4 hours until firm (best if overnight).
- Line baking pans with parchment paper. Place cold dough balls about 2″ apart. With wet hands, gently press down cookies to flatten slightly.
- Bake in upper and lower thirds of oven, switching position and rotating pans halfway through baking, until golden, 11 to 16 minutes total.
- Cool cookies on sheets 1 minute, then transfer with a spatula to racks to cool completely.
Makes 2 to 3 dozen cookies.