Submitted by Bene Foo. Thanks for being part of Bake A Batch for Wings of Providence!
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsps ground almonds
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp almond essence
1/3 cup ground almonds (to coat)
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, place the condensed milk and butter bring to a boil over medium heat.
- When the mixture starts to bubble, add the ground almond (2 tbsps) and essence.
- Whisk well, and reduce the heat to low and cook, until the the consistency of a dense fudgy batter is achieved.
- Slide the mixture onto a plate and let cool at room temperature.
- Scoop the mixture by the teaspoonful and, using your hands (greased with butter), roll each into a little ball about 3/4 inch in diameter.
- Coat the brigadeiros with ground almonds.
**Allergens: nuts and dairy**