Submitted by Bene Foo. Thanks for being part of Bake A Batch for Wings of Providence!
1 cup of soften butter
1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
¼ cup of maraschino cherries (halved)
2 tbsps of corn starch
1 tsp of orange essence or vanilla essence (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine butter, flour, confectioners’ sugar and essence. With an electric mixer, beat for 10 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Spoon onto cookie sheets, spacing cookies 2 inches apart.
- Place a piece of maraschino cherry onto the middle of each cookie.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, and let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer cookies on to wire rack to cool.