Wings of Providence is a multi-faceted second stage shelter and support agency for women and children leaving domestic violence. They provide housing, resources, life skills programs, and assistance for these women and children starting over again, usually with nothing. For more information, please visit their website.
Wings of Providence has ongoing need for household items, toiletries, and gifts for the women and children. Please, nothing that depicts or includes violence of any kind. (Think graphic novels, video games, movies, etc.) All gifts and donations are gratefully accepted. Please contact Wings of Providence directly to arrange drop off of your items.
Gift ideas for Moms/Teens at WINGS
- Gift Cards – Cineplex Odeon movie passes, Edmonton Attractions passes, Best Buy, McDonalds, iTunes, WEM theme park/water park passes, etc.
- Perfume, Hand & Body Lotion, body care products (no nail polish, incense or candles)
- Jewelry – Ardene’s, Claire’s
- Books, magazines, graphic novels
- Movie DVDs
Gift ideas for Children at WINGS
- Puzzles – floor, brain teasers, board games etc.
- Video games – nothing rated over M
- Toys for all ages (0-17) boys and girls.
- Books, graphic novels
- Lego Sets
- Movie DVDs – Think Disney or Pixar
- Stuffed animals
The practical stuff:
- Teen/Kids/Baby winter clothing
- Turkeys or Hams
- Christmas Oranges
- Grocery Gift Cards – Walmart, Sobeys, Superstore, Safeway, Co-op
- Bus Tickets
- Baby formula
- Feminine products
- Non perishable foods
- Wrapping paper, gift bags, tags, bows
- Mops, buckets, broom, dustpans
- Can openers
- Hair ties, headbands, etc.
- New/unopened toiletries: Shampoos, Conditioners, Lotions, Tooth Paste, Soap, etc.
- Washcloths, dishcloths, towels, and facecloths
- Please no candles, incense or nail polish
- Twin Bedding (48 bedrooms have 2 twin beds)
Twin Sheet Sets| Twin Comforters | Twin Blankets
- Winter Boots – all sizes (women and children)
Winter Coats, ski pants, and apparel (all sizes)
Toques, scarves, warm + waterproof mitts, gloves, ear muffs, etc.