We will once again be hosting a toy and gift drive for WINGS of Providence on December 17, 2016 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. You are invited to bring new, unwrapped gifts for toddlers, children, teens, and women – a wish list of items is below.
What To Donate
- new gifts only, for babies, children, teens, or moms
- unwrapped so staff can assign the gift to the most appropriate individual
- a wish list follows at the bottom of this page
Where to Drop Gifts Off
- M. E. Lazerte High School
6804 – 144 AVE, Edmonton, AB
December 17, 2016 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Want to volunteer to host a drop off location? Or as a driver to pick up gifts for delivery to WINGS? Please get in touch with us.
When to Drop Gifts Off
- December 17, 2016 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Can’t make those dates/times? Don’t drive? Please contact us and we can arrange another day/location.
Volunteer to Wrap Gifts
- Visit the web site for WINGS of Providence and follow the links to get involved and volunteer.
Donations of Clothing, Toiletries, etc.
Please, no gifts that depict or include violence of any kind. (Think graphic novels, video games, movies, etc.) All gifts are gratefully accepted, and these are a few items on the wish list for WINGS of Providence.
Gift ideas for Moms/Teens at WINGS
- Gift Cards – Cineplex Odeon movie passes, Edmonton Attractions passes, Best Buy, McDonalds, iTunes, WEM theme park/water park passes, etc.
- Perfume, Hand & Body Lotion, body care products (no nail polish, incense or candles)
- Jewelry – Ardene’s, Claire’s
- Books, magazines, graphic novels
Gift ideas for Children at WINGS
- Puzzles – floor, brain teasers, board games etc.
- Video games – nothing rated over M
- Toys for all ages (0-17) boys and girls.
- Books, graphic novels
- Lego Sets
- Movies – Disney or Pixar
- Stuffed animals
Practical Needs – Ongoing
The below you need to contact WINGS Of Providence directly to arrange drop off. Please DO NOT bring to our toy and gift drive as we have no way to store turkeys and large items.
- Teen/Kids/Baby winter clothing
- Turkeys or Hams
- Christmas Oranges
- Grocery Gift Cards – Walmart, Sobeys, Superstore, Safeway, Co-op
- Bus Tickets
- Baby formula
- Feminine products
- Non perishable foods
- Wrapping paper, gift bags, tags, bows
- Mops, buckets, broom, dustpans
- Can openers
- Hair ties, headbands, etc.
- New/unopened toiletries: Shampoos, Conditioners, Lotions, Tooth Paste, Soap, etc.
- Washcloths, dishcloths, towels, and facecloths
- Please no candles, incense or nail polish
- Twin Bedding (48 bedrooms have 2 twin beds)
Twin Sheet Sets| Twin Comforters | Twin Blankets
- Winter Boots – all sizes (women and children)
Winter Coats, ski pants, and apparel (all sizes)
Toques, scarves, warm + waterproof mitts, gloves, ear muffs, etc.